As part of the government’s commitment to providing youth in the province of BC with meaningful summer work experiences that develop transferable skills, The Fur-Bearers is pleased to offer the position of Admin & Membership Assistant. The successful candidate will work to help the organization work to fulfill our mission to protect fur-bearing animals in the wild and confinement. This is a temporary, part-time position (approximately 8 weeks) open to students only.
As our Admin & Membership Assistant, your primary task will be to acknowledge, recognize and communicate with supporters, as well as increase our operations and fundraising capacity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Calling and emailing current and prospective supporters
- Assisting with our information booths at local events and festivals
- Assisting with our “kids camps” – day camp activities and nature walks
- Supporting general fundraising efforts, including monthly donor campaign
- Discovering and placing donation boxes at various local businesses
- Students under the age of 30 who were registered as full-time students in the previous semester and who intend to return to full-time studies in the fall
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred
- Customer service skills or experience is an asset
- Able to work from your home office or remotely
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Training and Skill Development Provided:
- Gain practical experience and training in areas of: education, event planning, fundraising, non-profit campaign planning and wildlife co-existence
- Develop and refine public speaking skills
- Work within a supportive and encouraging team environment with an enthusiastic and professional staff
Please submit resume and cover letter to Executive Director Lesley Fox by email at Lesley (at) TheFurBearers.com.
Indigenous Peoples and visible minorities are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is May 30, 2018. No phone calls please.
Salary: $12.65 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week for approximately 8 weeks.
Job Type: Part-time