MP Nathaniel Erskine-Smith today introduced Bill C-247, a private members’ bill to end fur farming in Canada.
The Fur-Bearers strongly support Bill C-247 and are encouraging individuals contact their local Member of Parliament (MP) using the automated form below. International visitors may email the Prime Minister’s office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org using the key points provided below.
If you’d like an overview of fur farming in Canada, please click here to see our science and government data-based information. It will open in a new window so you can easily come back here to use the form below.
- 74% of Canadians support ending fur farming nationally.
- Fur farming presents ongoing risks to public health through the mutation and spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Fur farming is not an important economic driver in Canada.
- Nations around the world have banned fur farming for welfare and public health reasons over the last decade.
- Fur farming is provincially regulated, but the federal government is capable of ending the practice nationally.