We’d love to learn more about the wild neighbours in your community, and we want you to be cozy while taking photos this autumn. It just makes sense to do a photo adventure and hoodie giveaway!
Here’s the deal: send us a photo of wildlife in your neighbourhood (some rules below) as well as your name, address and permission to add you to our eNewsletter. Then we’ll post some of our favourite photos across social media to showcase biodiversity and coexistence, and randomly draw a winner from those who submitted a photo (Canada only – sorry international friends)!
You’ll get to choose one of any of the hoodies on our merch shop at TheFurBearers.com/shop and we'll have one sent to you!
But that’s not all: we want to thank our monthly donors, too! As little as $10 per month – that’s the cost of two lattes or a fancy cocktail – goes a long way in our ability to plan campaigns and respond to crises as they arise. We’ll also be drawing two random monthly donor names (Canada only) to receive hoodies! That’s THREE chances to win an awesome hoodie and help the animals.
Here’s the rules on photographs and submissions:
- No baiting (this includes placing natural foodstuffs or anthropogenic foodstuffs to attract or modify the behaviour of wildlife).
- Wildlife only (sorry pet families, but we’ll have another game for you soon).
- No confined animals (zoos, exhibits, or rehabilitation centres).
- Trail cam, security, and action-style camera images are acceptable.
- Photographs must be submitted by someone 16 years of age or older (ask your parents to submit for you if you’re younger).
- Canadian residents only.
- You must verify that you accept weekly email updates (opt out at any time), that you own the image you’re submitting and that you give permission for us to repost and use in future communications (copy and past this sentence: I would like to receive weekly email updates from The Fur-Bearers and I verify own the photos I am submitting. I grant The Fur-Bearers permission to repost on the internet and social media sites and use in future communications the photos I am submitting.).
- Please avoid watermarks and if files are large send a Google Drive or Dropbox link.
- Please confirm how you’d like your name/location to be listed with the photo.
- Deadline for submissions is Sunday, October 27.
We can’t WAIT to see who you share your neighbourhood with and help show the world the beauty of community coexistence!