Established in 1953, The Fur-Bearers is a charitable, non-partisan organization whose goals are to end the commercial fur trade and promote solutions for wildlife coexistence in communities. Charitable registration number: 130006125RR0002
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: the Executive Director
Term: This is a term, contract position, 12-mo Term Contract Position, March 1, 2021—February 28, 2022
Job Location: This is a work-from-home position, no fixed office location
Compensation: will be established based on organizational budget and salary structure and the successful applicant’s applicable experience.
Deadline: Applications are due by February 12, 2021 by 5 pm PT.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities
This Fundraising Coordinator position at The Fur-Bearers is being offered as a trial, contract term position that will work as part of a small though dynamic, diversified and talented team. This role’s primary responsibility will be to assist in the coordination and delivery of the fundraising program and advance fundraising results for the organization through direct donor solicitation, prospect pipeline development and the implementation of donor stewardship strategies in order to maximize individual, corporate and foundation support of the organization’s mission. During the course of this term, success will be measured by the ability to achieve/exceed established, quarterly fundraising goals and—through donor identification, donor qualification, donor solicitation and donor stewardship—to unlock new sources of funding that could support and justify extending this contract period or making this Fundraising Coordinator position permanent.
- Supports the organization by successfully cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors; identifies new donor and business prospects in order to meet the fundraising goals of the organization. This will include researching grant opportunities, assisting in the preparations of grant applications and funder reports.
- Drafts donor correspondence, proposals, reports, invitations and other donor-related communications for the organization.
- Supports the activities that arise from individualized donor cultivation and stewardship plans, including follow-up calls, emails and mailings with an emphasis on being proactive, e.g. – calling donors before their credit card expires, reaching out to lapsed supporters/members in an effort to provide them compelling updates that will get them back.
- Assists donors with their individualized giving strategies such as gifts of securities or establishing a charitable bequest for the organization in their estate plans.
- Prepares donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship packages, call reports and meeting notes as requested.
- Assists in the coordination of major donor meetings, proposals and presentations.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of reports and presentation materials using various software tools for word processing spreadsheets, database management including but not exclusive to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Salsa, and Power Point.
- Provides support to donors, the executive director, and the board of directors by preparing basic information requests, prospect profiles, briefing notes, emails, etc.
- Ensures proper electronic and hard copy filing of proposals, donor gift agreements, acknowledgements, stewardship letters and reports and correspondence.
- Ensures that the staff and volunteers have sufficient financial information, background and analysis to fulfill their fundraising activities.
- Supports the organization by undertaking donor and fundraising event coordination and logistics.
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred – or a combination of education, comparable skills and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience working in a fundraising environment, preferably for a non-profit or charity.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal that will be demonstrated through a comprehensive interview process that might include skill testing.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Previous experience working with one or a variety of fundraising databases is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person-to-person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and often-demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise empathy, listening skills, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of The Fur-Bearers.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
TO APPLY: Please submit in a single PDF document the following: a CV/resumé with a cover letter, along with any written professional references or other materials you wish to include. Email your application package to email@example.com.
The Fur-Bearers appreciates your interest in this contract term-position and you can be assured that every resume, cover letter, along with professional reference letters and any additional materials submitted, will be reviewed carefully by our hiring committee. We only have the ability to respond to those applicants whose preparation, specific experience and skills align with the parameters outlined for this position, and with whom we would like to conduct a preliminary interview.