A rally to call on the government to end the trophy hunting of grizzly bears in British Columbia will take place Saturday, April 1.
From 1 to 2:30 pm, Justice for B.C. Grizzlies will stand with friends and supporters outside the Legislature building in Victoria.
“Ending the twice-annual sport of killing grizzlies is an ethical responsibility,” said Val Murray of Justice for B.C. Grizzlies. “It is the one burden that can most easily be lifted off the backs of grizzlies to help them cope a little better with the multiple stressors that continue to erode and fragment their home ranges. It’s just the right thing to do.”
Speakers at the rally will include:
- Donna Johnson, Wuikinuxv Nation
- Trish Boyum, Ocean Adventures wildlife viewing
- Jens Wieting, Forest and Climate Campaigner, Sierra Club
- Sonia Furstenau, Green Party candidate, Cowichan Valley
- Bryce Casavant, NDP candidate, Oak Bay-Gordon Head
- Jordan Reichert, West Coast Campaign Officer, Animal Protection Party of Canada
Please also take time to locate your local candidates for the upcoming provincial election in British Columbia and let them know you stand against the hunt – and want them to, as well. If you don’t live in BC, you can contact Premier Christy Clark email@example.com let her know you won’t be spending your tourism dollars while the trophy hunt continues.
Photo provided by Jim Lawrence/KootenayReflections.com
monthly donor(for as little as $10/month – the cost of two lattes) pleaseclick hereand help us save lives today.