As part of the government’s commitment to providing youth in the province of BC with meaningful summer work experiences that develop transferable skills, The Fur-Bearers is pleased to offer the position of Event/Community Educator & Fundraiser. The successful candidate will work to help the organization work to fulfill our mission to protect fur-bearing animals in the wild and confinement. This is a temporary, full-time position (approximately 16 weeks) open to students only at our Vancouver office.
The Community Educator & Fundraiser plays a key role within The Fur-Bearers performing many tasks within the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Attend community events scheduled (bringing supplies to and from and staying the entire event)
- Manage volunteers at events
- Educate the public about co-existing with wildlife, raise awareness of wildlife-related issues
- Research new and participate in existing fundraising initiatives
- Students under the age of 30 who were registered as full-time students in the previous semester and who intend to return to full-time studies in the fall
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi task in fast-paced environment
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred
Training and Skill Development Provided:
- Gain practical experience and training in areas of: education, event planning, fundraising, non-profit campaign planning and wildlife co-existence
- Refine and develop public speaking skills
- Work within a supportive and encouraging team environment with an enthusiastic and professional staff
Please submit resume and cover letter to Executive DirectorLesley Fox by email at Lesley@TheFurBearers.com.
Application deadline is May 30, 2017. No phone calls please.
Salary: $10.85 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week for approximately 9 weeks.