The Fur-Bearers are being bombarded with messages about articles claiming Canada Goose will be creating or selling a faux fur option for their brand of parkas and outerwear. We have spent the last two hours (updated at approximately 5 pm ET) reaching out in various ways to determine if the statement being spread rapidly by blogs and self-titled news sites has any merit.
At this time there is no information indicating this is factual.
What we have learned so far:
- An activist was told by someone who claimed to be a Canada Goose staff member that the company is planning on releasing or has made available a faux fur option. If any steps were taken to verify that this person was an employee, we are unaware of them.
- A customer service representative from Canada Goose head office told The Fur-Bearers that there are no faux fur products currently sold by Canada Goose and no information has been provided to staff to indicate otherwise.
- A customer service representative at the Canada Goose flagship store in Toronto told The Fur-Bearers that there are no faux fur products currently sold by Canada Goose and that they have not been given any communication to indicate otherwise.
- Emails to multiple staffers at Canada Goose are yet to be returned. These individuals were not reachable by phone.
- Canada Goose social media accounts have no information on this claim, nor have they responded to questions about said claim.
At this time, we have been unable to verify this information from any Canada Goose representative or secondary source and will not be presenting it as factual. We will continue to update this blog (or post updated versions) as more information becomes available.
pleaseclick hereand help us save lives today.